Friday, March 1, 2013

New Daily Oil Painting "Scruffy"

I stopped at the gas station before work and this scruffy little dog caught my attention. He walked right up, sat down and seemed to pose just waiting for me to take his picture. I snapped a couple with my phone before he took off. It was still dark so the pictures are pretty grainy and have awful color. As I worked on this painting during my lunch break today I did a bit of inventing (as usual.) I mainly wanted to capture his scruffy, disheveled yet somehow poised appearance, kind of reminds me a bit of "Lady and the Tramp." Guess I need to find a Lady to paint to keep him company. This is an oil painting on a 5"x7" canvas board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...