Saturday, March 9, 2013

Heavy Cloud, No Rain (slow but steady progress)

I started laying in a bit of the lighter clouds at the top a couple of days ago but haven't been able to paint the last couple of days. It's been a hectic week at school with the book fair and public school week events, then I made a round trip to Dallas to pick up my kids for Spring Break. I'm going to get back to work on it tonight and hope to have all the basics laid in this weekend. I already want to add some lighter tones, maybe some greens and purples, to the silhouette of the trees at the bottom. The contrast is too harsh I think, but all things in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...