Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 3 and 4 Heavy clouds and rain painting

I've started laying in the clouds with lots of dark green and blue hues. Ive only been getting to work on this one a couple of hours each day but I'm making goid progress I think. I'm generally working from the dark to the light right now and just trying to get a layer of color on the whole canvas. Once I've accomplished that, I'll work over the top with glazes, scumbles and some more juicy, thick opaque brushwork. I'm getting pretty excited about this one and hope I can approach the image I have in my mind.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...