Tuesday, February 18, 2014

New daily oil painting of hay bales in progress


Today was pretty hectic. It was hard to eek out time between classes and at lunch to paint, but I managed to get a good start on this 8"x10" canvas of some hay bales in a field near Oak Knolls Farm on Hwy 124 near Beaumont, Tx.

I drew this a while back and pretty much forgot about it. I pass this spot all the time and love the look of the trees against the more geometric shapes of the hay bales.

i decided to hold off calling this one finished. I want to do a little more to it in the morning, maybe push the colors a bit.  In the meantime, here's a few shots of the painting in progress. 


I haven't decided a title for this painting yet. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...