Thursday, February 16, 2012

Original Oil Painting "Morning at Lake Mineral Wells" (Starving Artist Spring Cleaning Clearance continues ...)

"Morning at Lake Mineral Wells"
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
8" x 10"
2010
Click here to purchase this painting (starting bid just $40.00.)

This is one of the first small oil paintings I completed in my series about Lake Mineral Wells.  I guess the musician in me has always been entranced by rhythm of all kinds.  I can't resist the visual rhythm of the light dappling through the reeds along the shore of the lake.  I have featured this contrast in many of my paintings this past year, and this particular one has the warm orange to pinkish glow of an early morning on the lake.  This is another one of my sentinmental favorites from the past couple of years but I think it deserves a new home.

Please visit http://www.marknesmith.com/ to view more of my work and be sure to check out my other auctions.  I have lots of paintings looking for a place to live!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...