Monday, February 13, 2012

First Light, Kaufman, TX -- Starving Artist Spring Clearance Day 5 :)


"First Light"
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
8" x 10"
2010
Click here to purchase this painting (starting bid just $40.00.)
 At the end of 2010 I dusted off my oil paints for the first time in years (having only been working in pastels) and this little gem was the first of many 8" x 10" landscapes I've completed since then.  I've always been captivated by the glow of early morning when the first warm rays of sun start to peak over the horizon.  This is a simple view just off Hwy 175 in Kaufman, TX.  There's a lone farm house among the trees on the hill, but the real interest for me was the subtle shifts of color in the sky and clouds.  This one's been hanging on my wall the longest, mainly for sentimental reasons, but it's time to finally find it a home!

Please visit http://www.marknesmith.com/ to view more of my artwork.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...