Oil on Canvas
10" x 8"
Click here to purchase this painting.
Old Fort Travis sits at the western end of the Bolivar Peninsula just before the ferry landing to Galveston. The current fort was constructed in 1898. In 1961 several area residents took shelter at the fort to ride out Hurricane Carla.Currently the fort is a park operated through the Galveston County Beach and Parks Department. Several of the concrete bunkers still remain, and it's a great place to watch the ships or to fish.