Thursday, May 8, 2014

New Daily Oil Painting "First Light on the Pond"


First Light on the Pond
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Oil Primed Linen Panel
5" x 7"
2014

Click here to purchase this painting.

In a day that included a flat tire, double classes, and helping out with P.E. in the gym, it was tough to fit in some painting time, but I squeezed in a little more than an hour and calmed my soul with this little 5" x 7" painting of my brother's pond.


When I first moved back to SE Texas after my marriage ended, my brother was gracious enough to let me stay at his place and get myself back together.  He really was a rock for me.  I spent many mornings and evenings at his little tree lined pond seeking moments of tranquility in my turbulent world.


Here the warm, soft light of the new dawn fills the sky.  The water ripples and the reflections of the trees pool along the banks.  I'd stand on the little pier or sway on the bench swing, breathe deep,  and still my busy mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...