Tuesday, May 20, 2014

New Daily Oil Painting "Cypress Lake"




Cypress Lake
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
12" x 12"
2014
Click here to purchase this painting.



The greatest amenity at the apartments where I live is the beautiful horse shoe shaped pond (which they've named Cypress Lake for some unknown reason.) I've done several small studies of the pond at sunset and have been working on a few larger canvases as well.  This past week has been beautiful, blue skies, sun, and comfortable temperatures.  It's finally feeling like Spring around here. 

This is a 12" x 12" oil painting on canvas of the pine tree lined shore and reflection on a sunny afternoon.  I painted this fairly quickly with a 1/2" brush.  I've been trying to be a little less fussy with some of my smaller paintings, and I wanted to use my brushstrokes to capture the carefree, breezy afternoon by the pond

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...