Friday, November 15, 2013

The Art Studio, Inc. 30 Bodacious Years!

For 30 years The Art Studio, Inc. has been a fixture in the Southeast Texas arts community.  This Saturday, November 16, 2013, from 7PM - Midnight, they're celebrating this impressive milestone with a blowout bash for the ages.  It'll be an evening of art, music, food, drinks, and more! Several bands will be performing and the gallery walls will be full of art for the annual art sale.

As a young art student at Lamar University, the Art Studio was one of my sanctuaries.  I spent many nights there huddled over my drawing board in the life drawing room trying to perfect my trade.  I'm not so young anymore and I'm still trying to hone my skills, and the Art Studio is still there and going strong despite hurricanes and economic downturns.

Let's all turn out this weekend and make sure TASI is around for another 30 years! I'm donating two paintings to the sale, "Bolivar Flats" is a 12" x 16" oil painting on canvas of one of my favorite local beaches, and "The Fallen" is a 24" x 36" oil painting on canvas inspired by a trip to Lake Mineral Wells.  All proceeds go to support TASI.

The Art Studio, Inc. is located at 720 Franklin in downtown Beaumont. Hope to see you there!




The Fallen
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
24" x 36"
2011

Bolivar Flats
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas
12" x 16"
2013






No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...