Thursday, November 21, 2013

New Daily Oil Painting "Tibideaux's Truck"


Tibideaux's Truck
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Oil Primed Linen Board
5" x 7"
2013

I'm a sucker for Cajun seafood. Growing up in SE Texas so close to the Louisiana state line it's hard not to find yourself filling your belly with gumbo and catfish.  If you're in the mood for some Cajun grub, Tibideaux's on Calder will hit the spot.  

The atmosphere is rustic. It almost feels like you're outside at a backyard swamp party. I've been there a couple of times. We always sit at the bar to chat with our friend and favorite bartender Alicia. It's a great place for a casual get together, and I will vouch for the shrimp 'n grits. Yum!

This old truck is parked outside. It's rusty and best up to say the least. There's a few holes here and there, flat tires, and the headlights point different directions, but I love the character of this old Plymouth. 

I drew this a couple of days ago but just got around to painting it today. It's a 5" x 7" oil painting on an oil primed linen board and was painted alla prima in a couple of hours. It's the first truck I've ever painted, maybe the first automobile of any kind. I think I'll have to some more. 

Tibideaux's New Orleans Kitchen is located at 5555 Calder Ave in Beaumont, Texas. Stop by and treat yourself to a taste of Lousiana, and check out Tibideaux's Truck while you're there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...