Monday, January 17, 2011

Sunrise Hwy 175


Sunrise Hwy 175, originally uploaded by Mark Nesmith.
I pass by these fields often on my way to Kaufman. There's open fields, ponds, and a river all in the same general vicinity, and you get a wonderful view right from the road, although for this vantage point I parked the car and walked down to the service road. I love the dramatic contrast between the darker foreground and the colorful sky, and the wonderful thing about early morning light (and late evening light too) is how it unifies the scene in warm tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...