Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dusk


Dusk, originally uploaded by Mark Nesmith.
This is a 16" x 20" oil on canvas painting of night fall on Lake Mineral Wells. It was completed in two long sessions of painting (early morning and late at night) on the same day. I was just having so much fun I couldn't stop, so it's a little more impasto than most of my recent paintings. It's a view I very much enjoy with the contrast between the dark masses of the shore and the cloud line above, and I'm thinking of making another version (perhaps larger next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...