Thursday, December 19, 2013

Lazy Afternoon - New Daily Oil Painting


Lazy Afternoon
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Gessoed Panel
6" x 6"
2013
Click here to buy this painting.
I moved into a new apartment a couple of months ago. The apartments themselves are nothing fancy, but they are located on lots of land. There's a nice little hotshot pond surrounded by tall pines, and lots of fields and wooded areas all around.  It almost feels like living in the country.
I've been exploring and walking the grounds a lot lately. This view is near my place. On this particular lazy afternoon the sky was a deep blue and the distant tree line took on a reddish hue.  This is a simple composition but I really enjoyed playing with the green and orange grasses in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...