Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas on Calder -- Taking my art to the street

It's been a long time since I've set up to sell my art directly anywhere.  For the most part I sell through galleries and online these days,  but I used to go a few times a year to First Monday Trade Days in Canton, TX and set up a booth.  It's a lot of work, but can also be very rewarding.

This week I received an invitation to participate in Christmas on Calder at The Logon Cafe in Beaumont, TX. Since I've been doing so many small daily paintings this seems like a perfect opportunity to take my art to the streets and find a few good homes for some paintings. 

I'd forgotten how much there is to get together for something like this though.  I've spent the morning painting the edges of several small canvases, working out a bit of a flyer to copy and give out, and I've been getting some thoughts together about pricing and checked to make sure my Sales Tax ID is still valid.  There's still a lot to do but since I just found out about this yesterday I'm feeling ok about everything.

Wish me luck, and if you're in the market for a unique Christmas present swing by The Logon Cafe on Calder in Beaumont, TX this Saturday, December 14, 2013 from 10 AM - 6PM and buy some art.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...