Tuesday, October 15, 2013

New pastel self-portrait in progress

I realized today that I haven't really done a self-portrait since I started running a year and a half ago and lost weight. I had some time today after school before teaching my night class at the Art Center, so I started working on this small 8" x 10" pastel.

I started out with a pencil sketch before building up a base layer of color with conte.  I sprayed a light coat of fixative and am letting it sit for the night. Tomorrow I'll finish it with soft pastels.  

I'm pretty happy with it so far.  What do y'all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...