Wednesday, October 30, 2013

New daily oil painting "Pastoral"


Pastoral
Mark Nesmith
Oil on Canvas mounted on Board
8" x 10"
2013

I've driven by this tree just off Hwy 124 near Fannett, TX countless times and every time I see it I think about painting it. I love the majestic way it stands alone in the expanse of open field.  I've also always been a big fan of the contrast of blue sky and orange-ish dried grass.

I started this 8" x 10" oil painting during lunch, and throughout the day I eeked out a few minutes here and there. Altogether I put in about two hours of brush time. I'm going to let it sit for the night and see if I want to add any final touches on the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...