Friday, August 5, 2011

The Fallen


The Fallen, originally uploaded by Mark Nesmith.

Here's a new painting I just finished (still wet) but I just couldn't wait to share it. I'm pretty pleased with it, and it's one of the most successful large paintings I've done in a while. It's 24" x 36" and is oil on canvas. This is another image from my family vacation at Lake Mineral Wells. I think I've managed to have a nice marriage of subject and technique. These larger paintings are really making me miss my DSLR. It's in the shop, and it's very difficult to take good photos of oil paintings with a point and shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...