Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time Waits for No Artist

Well, summer's finally here and now that I have a little breathing room in my schedule I've realized that it's been a few months since I've updated this blog.  Between my full-time job teaching art, my often not-so-part-time job as a musician, and my busy family life, something had to give.  So rather than giving up time making art and playing music, I gave up my regular postings to my blog.  However, I've come to see that I really missed it and enjoyed the connection to the other artists I've met, so I'm rededicating myself to posting at least a few times a week.  I've written before about the juggling act we all face as artists in today's busy world, and there's plenty of excuses we can offer that seem perfectly valid, but the truth is that time keeps marching on.  No more excuses, just do it, or as we like to say down here in Texas, git 'er done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...