Monday, March 9, 2015

New oil painting "Fire in the Sky"

Fire in the Sky
Mark Nesmith
Oil on canvas
24" x 20"
2015
I've stared at these two oaks outside my classroom all year thinking I should paint them. One day I watched the sun fight through the dark clouds of a dying storm. It was like a burst of fire in the sky. I've held that image in my mind and yesterday after school I started laying in the beginnings of this painting.  

I haven't decided if this is finished or not yet, but nothing is yelling at me when I look at it so I'm leaving it alone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...