Monday, September 26, 2011

Evening at Cedar Creek Lake


Evening at Cedar Creek Lake, originally uploaded by Mark Nesmith.
As promised, here's another painting of the water lillies at Cedar Creek Lake. This is a smaller painting than the first (12" x 12"), and is taken from a calm and tranquil evening spent there this past summer. The fallen logs in the top corner are what first grabbed my attention. I loved the way the lilly pads seemed to surround them, almost like they were laying seige. The logs are starting to be overcome by the weeds around them. It seems like nature always reclaims her own.

Click here to purchase this painting. Please visit http://www.marknesmith.com/ to view more of my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unexpected Beauty in a Roadside Ditch - NEW Water Lily Painting in Progress by Mark Nesmith

Here’s the view from my easel today. I drew up a couple of large views or water lilies from the drainage ditch past Winnie on the way to ...